What are Benefits of Guest Posting?
1. You Are Noticed. What is main focus of a blog? Is it header or footer or something else? It is Content. And content is where you need to concentrate to get more visibility. You get noticed more when you have a link in content. Compared to Blogroll links which are noticed less, guest posts are best way to attract attention towards your blog.
2. You get Human Traffic. When you write a good article, you give readers a reason to be impressed. And when they are impressed, they will follow you to your blog to get more of the content.
3. You get New Readers. Traffic you get from a guest post can easily be turned in to readership, provided you have right “Calls for Action”.
When you should invest time in Guest Posting?
1. You have 3-4 pillar posts. If you write a great guest post but your blog has very less content, all your work is wasted. You should have some solid content (and a Popular Posts widget)
2. You have good comments. Comments act as social proof. When visitors see that you have 5-6 comments per post, they are convinced that you have some “name” in blogosphere are can be followed.
When you should not waste time in Guest Posts?
1. You have no time. If you have less time and can not manage to write for others, do not waste time, just participate in link exchanges. However, here is what Google says about link exchanges:
“…some webmasters engage in link exchange schemes and build partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking, disregarding the quality of the links, the sources, and the long-term impact it will have on their sites. This is in violation of Google’s webmaster guidelines and can negatively impact your site’s ranking in search results.”