Well, there is a different between “luck” or “lucky” against “Good Luck” with capital letter. Some had wrote about “Good Luck” more on reflecting what I had wrote about “The Success System That Never Fail“. So what actually the different between “luck” or “Good Luck”? And why its’ important to your blogging success?
What is luck?
When you family or you received an inheritance, you were lucky. Luck, plain luck, does not depend on you because you just had a bit of luck, and that’s why you don’t have much for long. This make the fundamental system of the Good Luck System – plain luck doesn’t last long. In order to follow this system you going to create you own Good Luck only that way it will last forever.
Perhaps this few article to understand more about luck:
- Definition of “luck” as define by wikipedia.
- The mathematical term for it is luck.
- Can viral marketing succeed without luck?
Rule 2 – Full-assed or no-assed approach.
I remember the other day I read a very long post from Steve Pavlina on “How To Make Money From Your Blog“. I like to quote:
If you do decide to generate income from your blog, then don’t be shy about it.
If you’re going to do this, then fully commit to it. Don’t take a half-assed approach. Either be full-assed or no-assed
Many are those who want to make money out of blogging or online business, but few are those willing to pursue it. Perhaps you may need to read Steve Pavlina post and print it out. You could also read this post by Ken Brown on “A Secret To Blogging Success You Don’t Want to Hear”
Rule 3 – Re-Invent
- Traffic. Traffic is the life stream of any online venture.
- Cost per click. With AdSense or Yahoo being a PPC program, your earnings would naturally depend on the price of each click. You may get 100 cllicks in 24 hours but if all pay just $0.01 cent you only make about $0.10 but if it pay $0.15, then you make $15 in 24 hours.
- Click Through Rate. The CTR pertains to the number of people who really click on the ads that appear on your web pages. Your goal is to get a high CTR to profit with PPC program.
If your current setup not make your money then it’s time to re-invent.
Rule 4 – Don’t be a self-centric individualist
Nowadays everybody talked about social media marketing and how effective is social media in generating traffic and marketing.
In re-inventing, helping other, acknowledging other will certainly make success more likely to appear.
Updated (21 October 2008)
My friend Tamal had made very good post why you need to stay away from this kind of people.
Rule 5 – Get Your Ass On It Now
If you think your should re-invent or re-branding, then do it now. You only have 24 hours, then use it wisely. Perhaps this few articles will help you to determine your best time management strategy.
- The Curse of the ProBlogger – Time Management and Scaling Yourself Up
- Are you a productive blogger?
- 16 Important but Potentially Distracting Blogging Tasks
Rule 6 – Be Picky and Detail Freak
If you re-invent or re-branding doesn’t work, check the minute detail. Look for the seemingly unnecessary but indispensable conditions in the small detail.
- Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar – Quality Control for Bloggers
- Six Common Punctuation Errors that Bedevil Bloggers
- 9 Grammar Rules all Bloggers Need to Know
Rule 7 – luck = chance = possible failure
As I said, luck, plain luck, does not depend on you because you just had a bit of luck. So does chance.
- Can Viral Marketing Succeed Without Luck?
- Luck and the entrepreneur, part 1: The four kinds of luck
- Luck factor:framing your general success
Rule 8 – No Two Thing Is The Same
If making money from blogging is easy then everyone had already make a lot of money. But you can learn from those that already successful.
Rule 9 – Patient + Faith = Success
Success take time to arrive. You need give time for success to happen don’t rush it.
- 27 Lessons Learned on the Way to 3000 Visits a Day and 2200 RSS Subscribers
- 9 Lessons for Would-be Bloggers
- Lessons on Blogging
Rule 10 – Opportunity is always there and always exist.
Blogging success need to coincide with preparing the necessary condition for success. But opportunity has nothing to do with luck and chance: it’s always there.
- How do you go about finding a paying blog opportunity?
- Your Opportunity to Guest Blog Has Never Been Better
- How to Get Featured on the New York Times, CNN, CNET and Newsweek
The Next Rule
I had presented 10 rules for blogging success, do you think I had left something? What do you want to add?